Some things I really enjoyed doing in this project was using my Photoshop skills to bring the comics to life. I liked how I could manipulate the images to create whatever effect I wanted. This worked well because I was able to link different comics together making the projection run smoother with no big gaps or obvious films in the story. I think I worked well in my group and that we had the same ideas on what we wanted our film to look like so we bounced off each other well. Another thing that went well was opening my mind up to a new style of filming. This means that I now know how to created a projection mapping sequence and how to make it engaging for an audience. I think the event went well and I got a lot of positive feedback from the public who had seen it. Overall the atmosphere in Ruskin’s was brilliant.
One of the biggest problems we had been our allocated spot was moved due to them removing the wall and creating a space so after planning for it to fit that specific space we had the problem of the projection then not fitting the new space they gave us. Which then meant we had to resize our images to decrease the blur and pixelation of the film. This took a long time but it turned out looking good by the end of it all. Another downside to this project was that the Photoshop was so time consuming that you could only focus on one part at a time, I only focused on this aspect which meant my research slipped and got forgotten about.
If I was able to do this project again I would do more research in to the festival and find out more on how it was created and who Mark Millar really was, by going in to more depth about how he became a comic book written. Another point is being more interested in the project as a whole. I find that projects I’m not interested in I don’t try as much, I know this is no way to do projects and I have learnt my lesson now because it means I don’t get blog work done and I can let my group down. I would next time like to incorporate sounds and light systems, I think would make the whole piece more engaging to the audience, for example when the lightning strikes it would be more ascetic to include sound of thunder crashing and light flashing to symbolise the lightning.
Overall I think this project went well and that I need to be more engaged in all my projects.