Here is my first draft of my storyboard. I tired to make all the shots and photos match what i am saying in my monologue.
A few of the shots for example the book pages turning and the log pile will probably not make the final film because i don’t think they are relevant enough to my monologue which is what i want the main focus to be. This is because there is no mention of them in my monologue. The reason i was going to include them would be to fill in space in my film, because i don’t want to overload it with photos.
Here is a final story board:
I am happy with all the shots that i am planning on doing. I know that i will probably included a lot more photos to fill in spaces between the lines.
Choices for shots:
- The smashing of the clock is going to show how things are broken and that time isn’t moving forward. I might make this in slow motion to show that time is something i don’t know the concept of.
- The time lapse on the train shows time moving, but everything around me is moving to fast.
- The baby photos are to show how close me and my dad have always been.
- Walking away from the camera is showing how i still walk without my dad by my side.
- The footage of the bike is showing something that makes me and my dad really happy.
- The photos on the bike show that we were happy with what we had achieved.
- More photos of me and my dad will show how close we are.
- The footage in the camper van shows that everything is ready to go, but we cant go away just yet.
- Photos of the family will show how happy we were
- Sitting alone up Hampsfell shows that i still like to go to places we used to go.
- The sunset time lapse will show that i will watch the sun go down like we used too.
- More family photos, showing how everything was great.
- Me talking directly to the camera breaks the fourth wall and shows more empathy, that i’m directly talking to my dad.
- Broken clock ticking – Above shot, maybe slow motion
- On the train – Time lapse
- Baby photos – Zoom out
- Walking up Hampsfell – Away from camera, wide shot.
- Motorbike in the garage – Pan shot and some close ups
- Prom photos on the motorbike – Zoom out
- Photos of me and dad – Zoom out
- Camper van – Pan shots
- Family photos – Zoom out
- Sitting on Hampsfell – Wide, static shot
- Sunset – Time lapse
- More photos – Zoom out
- Talking to the camera – Static shot, Medium.