There are a lot of things I have done differently in my final film than what was originally planned.
Firstly I took out all the sound effects we were supposed to use. This is because I found it over complicated things, also some of the shots didn’t match where I was meant to act scared and things, obviously never going to be an actress!
Another thing I don’t like about my final film is that the narrative doesn’t make sense to a fresh viewer. I forgot how easy it was to get engaged in editing and forgot to take a step back to someone else’s perspective. When the film starts it doesn’t fully show that there is someone in the “out of order” toilet, more like someone has just walked in the toilets and is trying to open my door.
We could have fixed this by having a shot of my feet in my cubicle and the other one empty. Another option is to add sound effects to make it sound like there is someone else in the other cubicle.
I think it wasn’t meant to be used because I look at the camera a lot and it doesn’t fit in properly.
I struggled to find music to put at the beginning, this is because the sound effect of the door rattling is quite early on, this is why it was hard to get music to fit in the first few seconds. However I am really happy how the rest of the music turned out. I feel like it fits really well and I learnt what a rise in music is which is always useful for future projects.
Despite having a full shot list and being well prepared we took at least ten minutes before we shot to go over and clarify what we were going to do and how. I felt like this helped to get the whole crew on the same page. Also it helped to get more aware of what we were dealing with in terms of space and having to fit the tripod in the small gaps we had.
The worst part is the shots that needed to have the biggest impact out of all of them, ewe didn’t get. This is because I’m not a very serious person which meant we wasted a lot of time trying to make me stop laughing. Next time I think someone else should act so we can get the task done smoother and quicker.
I like how we did the shot of me looking under the cubicle in to a POV shot, it helps the viewer to see what I see. Despite this shot working well i feel like we could have made it a lot smoother, mainly with my head movements lining up with where the camera looked.
I don’t like how some of the shots were not up to standard in terms of how shaky the camera is, but we couldn’t put the tripod in all of the places we needed to, which made it difficult to get clean shots. We just needed a steady hand.
I think this movie was a success, however I would do a lot of things different next time. The most important being getting the story line across clearer.